.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Monday, December 11, 2006

Easy/Lucky/Free


http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20061210/1056507.asp
This article was found in the Buffalo News December 10th. The article is about a woman named Patricia A. Stanton who is 65 years old and could not see until October of this year, when she had a corneal transplant.
The article goes on to talk about her life and having to raise 12 children and her husband dieing. It also gives statistics about corneal transplants.
The entire time I was reading this I just wonder how her life was. In today's society we depend on what we see and absorb that into our life. Seeing is what makes most of our judgment's. But to not be abel to see at all which means she wasn't as exposed to everything we are... She really took life for what it was. Many people take what were given for granted and think it is always going to be there.
I know her surgery was a big thing for their family and herself, but the way I interpreted that article was... that it was for pity.
Granted life is hard... But I don't think it would be much harder if you were blind. Perhaps im wrong becuase i havent been in the situation. Not being abel to see would almost be a relief. So much happens in one day and half of it you wish you never saw.

0714061539a11.jpg
Im Kayleigh.
in 12th grade.
im over rated.

You tried to teach me To pray and go to school
You tried to teach me
To be the system's tool
But you missed
What I was smart enough to see
That their system doesn't work
For you or me


We are not countries.
We are not nations.
We are not religions.
We are not gods.
We are not weapons.
We are not ammunition.
We are not killers.
We will NOT be tools.
just take a look around the world
and you'll find that nearly all
mass media are owned and controlled
by a handful of conservative capitalists.
we must devise and implement alternative
methods of distributing our news, our
information, our ideas -- people united
worldwide to take a stand to
tell the truth!

I will NOT die!
I will NOT kill!
I will NOT be your slave!
I will NOT fight your battles!
I will NOT die on your battlefield!
I will NOT fight for your war!
I am NOT a fighter!
I'M A HUMAN BEING! .