.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Monday, November 13, 2006

Excerpt of my life


"But I talk in the mirror, to the stranger that appears.
Our conversations are circles,
Always one sided;
Nothing is clear.
Except, we keep coming back to this meaning that I lack.
He says, "The choices were given,
Now I must live them,
Or just not live."
--But do you want that? "

THis. is from a song. A song that I've found refuge in many times.
I bet you only about 6 or so people in my school could name the artist. This is quite depressing. My point that I'm getting at is that people are too close minded. Now don't think that I'm contradicting myself, I accept that fact that I am to an extent. Everyone complains "oh I hate being labeled. blah blah blah." well maybe if you took the time to even listen to something outside of your music collection you wouldn't be so generic.


For instance.. In 10th grade I had a new English teacher. THis teacher introduced me into a new genre of music. I was at the time into the 'hardcore punk emo s*it'. The bands he introduced me to were nothing like I had heard before, I never knew what indie music or anything was. Well because of his influence I had expanded my 'musical horizons' and this is what I am suggesting you to do. It really makes life all the more enjoyable to think 'oh, I'm going to listen to music from India' and it almost makes u feel multi-cultural for that one min. that you listen to it. Sure I'm not god or anything, I'm simply just saying if everyone preaches "music=life" and you only listen to one type of music, then your life is pretty 'black and white' don't you think?




-K

0714061539a11.jpg
Im Kayleigh.
in 12th grade.
im over rated.

You tried to teach me To pray and go to school
You tried to teach me
To be the system's tool
But you missed
What I was smart enough to see
That their system doesn't work
For you or me


We are not countries.
We are not nations.
We are not religions.
We are not gods.
We are not weapons.
We are not ammunition.
We are not killers.
We will NOT be tools.
just take a look around the world
and you'll find that nearly all
mass media are owned and controlled
by a handful of conservative capitalists.
we must devise and implement alternative
methods of distributing our news, our
information, our ideas -- people united
worldwide to take a stand to
tell the truth!

I will NOT die!
I will NOT kill!
I will NOT be your slave!
I will NOT fight your battles!
I will NOT die on your battlefield!
I will NOT fight for your war!
I am NOT a fighter!
I'M A HUMAN BEING! .