.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Monday, October 23, 2006

Do we educate?

So many things occur through a day. Some of them bad others good. But what can we really do about them. You cant leave everything up to fate. When you accept your actions and realize that you cant fix what happens, then your life will be enjoyable. Like it or not, we are all going to end up the same way, dead. This may sound pretty blunt but its something we must accept. I found this same concept in the book Slaughter house five. It talks about the tralfamadorian's who generally agree with what I've said. I think the main character Billy should try to express this idea and it may in turn help everyone. But looking on the negative side of things people are not always willing to accept new concepts. My English assignment said they the tralfamadorian's have a vastly different view of the universe than we do. Or at least that's how it was put out to be. But what happens when the person reading the novel already thought that way? How is it so vastly different then? I realize that everyone has their own free will to think about this subject how ever they would like. But some people will only see this as an assignment and continue to be so close-minded.

0714061539a11.jpg
Im Kayleigh.
in 12th grade.
im over rated.

You tried to teach me To pray and go to school
You tried to teach me
To be the system's tool
But you missed
What I was smart enough to see
That their system doesn't work
For you or me


We are not countries.
We are not nations.
We are not religions.
We are not gods.
We are not weapons.
We are not ammunition.
We are not killers.
We will NOT be tools.
just take a look around the world
and you'll find that nearly all
mass media are owned and controlled
by a handful of conservative capitalists.
we must devise and implement alternative
methods of distributing our news, our
information, our ideas -- people united
worldwide to take a stand to
tell the truth!

I will NOT die!
I will NOT kill!
I will NOT be your slave!
I will NOT fight your battles!
I will NOT die on your battlefield!
I will NOT fight for your war!
I am NOT a fighter!
I'M A HUMAN BEING! .